In case you are interested in the Toastmasters Club membership, you are highly encouraged to visit our club during a regular meeting.
By visiting the regular meeting, you will get a personal touch about how a Toastmasters Club meeting is organized. It can also help you to figure out how the membership can help you to improve both communication skill and leadership skill.
Procedure (no pre-registration required)
- Check for the regular meeting schedule in our website (here). And decide when you may attend our regular meeting.
- Walk-in to the regular meeting venue on or before the program start. Usually, we will have a reception desk for guest registration. The guest registration is for guest mailing list enrollment. (You can register online at here.)
- The guest fee is HKD 40 for non-toastmasters club members. This can help to share the venue cost. You can pay cash at the reception counter and ask for a receipt if needed.
- Take a seat and enjoy the show. There should be free seating and you can take part in 2 sessions, namely guest introduction and table topic session.
- Guest Introduction: For every guest registered at the reception, you will be asked to stand up and give a short self-introduction. You may let us know your profession, why you are interested in the club, or how you feel about the meeting. Or you can simply say “Hi” to our fellow members and guests as well.
- Table Topic Session: It is an impromptu (unprepared) speech session. Both members and guest can volunteer and speak on a selected topic for 1 to 2 minutes. The topic will be announced by the Table Topic master at the session.
- During the network break, you may ask any official or members about our club and the educational programs. We are happy to share with you our experience.
For any other question about visiting a club, you may email to our VP Membership at (email@example.com).